Tuesday 6 March 2012

Apartment Hunting

So, with graduation soon approaching, Matt and I have started thinking more seriously about where we are going to live once we're married. Starting the search with absolutely no idea of what to look for can be a bit overwhelming. I think we've been able to narrow down what we're looking for to the following description:
  • 2 bedrooms
  • Less than $850/month including utilities
  • Either a low-rise apartment (1-6 units) or a basement apartment
  • Nice, quiet area close to bus route and uptown area 
Those are the big things, I think. Ideally we'd like one with a pretty nice bathroom and kitchen (with all appliances included). And we LOVE older Victorian-style places with interior brick and dark hardwood floors... fireplaces, big windows, arched doorways... but that's just dreaming. All in all, I'm just excited at the thought of sharing a place with Matt. And not only that - I'm excited at the thought of decorating! Hopefully we get a place that we are able to paint and make our own a bit. Pintrest, the ultimate reason for my productivity failure, is full of great little ideas for our apartment. 

created at: 08/03/2011

This closet office (above), for example, is a great way to create more space in a cramped room. I like the idea of being able to tuck-away the clutter too.

I am in love with this!!

We love the look of this loft apartment. Obviously we aren't going to be able to find something like this, but we like how cozy it looks - especially the interior brick!

No comments:

Post a Comment