Saturday 25 February 2012

98 Days And Counting!

So the 100 day mark has officially been crossed! Only 98 days until I am married to my best friend, Matthew Leger. For the past two months, I have been up to my neck in wedding planning - dresses, invitations, flowers, centerpieces... It's been fun, but now that most of the big things are at out of the way, I'm just ready to get married! I used to think that a 6 month engagement was cutting it close, but I'm realizing now that it is more than enough time to plan a wedding.

My mom and I are working away at the wedding invitations right now. We decided to make them from scratch to save some money and, even though its taking longer than we originally thought, they're turning out pretty good!


We made our own stamp by cutting out pieces from different stamp designs and putting them together on a clear stamp block. From there, we printed the text onto card stock and put the stamp onto the bottom using purple ink. Then we backed the card onto decorative purple paper. This is just the ceremony invitation. The end result will include a separate smaller reception card that will be attached to the invitation with a silver ribbon. We've also added a silver lining to all of the envelopes to tie it all together.

I'm anxious to get these done and send them all out!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steph, the invitations look awesome you are doing a great job! Making your own invitation does take time but it's a great way to save money! You invitations are looking absolutely beautiful! I know this is a project you and your mom are working on but if you ever need an extra set of hands let me know I'd be happy to help and I just happen to have some stamping and paper crafting experience under my belt :-)

    ReplyDelete